A ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the Central States Synod, Lutheran Campus Ministry at the University of Kansas exists to: proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ; invite young adults into a worshiping community in which the Word is spoken and the Sacraments are celebrated; support young adults in transition; educate leaders for the Church; mentor young adults to integrate faith and life, stewardship and vocation; equip young adults for witness, service, and mission.
Our vision for the future
- A ministry centered in Word and Sacrament, rooted in the Lutheran tradition, and eager to speak the Gospel in creative ways.
- A Christian home at the heart of campus, easily visible and accessible to students, faculty, and staff.
- A place of welcome where students, faculty, and staff can worship, learn, and serve, growing together as disciples and leaders.
- A community of communities: a network of events, groups, and entry points.
- A growing community of Lutherans, seekers, Christians from other denominations, and members of other religious traditions, which celebrates the gifts, doubts, questions, and joys of each person.